Thursday, July 14, 2011

Trott eyeing contributing to England's success against India

London, July 14(ANI): England batsman Jonathan Trott has revealed that team success rather than personal glory will motivate him against India.

Trott admits that he could not care less about his incredible run-making stats that have seen him rack up 1,867 runs and six centuries so far in 21 matches at an average of over 62.

"I don't know what my stats are. I don't pay attention to them, I try and worry about how many Test series wins I can contribute to and be a part of. That is our goal as a team and the most important one as an individual and everyone in the team feels that way," The Daily Express quoted Trott, as saying.

"I was thinking the other day that all the hundreds I've scored, we've won all the Tests I've scored them in - except the one in Brisbane where we managed to save the game. That is pleasing and contributing to winning Tests is what it is all about as an individual and contributing to the team's success," he added.

He further admitted that it would be very exciting to play against India, as he hasn't played against the World No.1 team yet.

"I'd like to think I can keep this form going and producing the runs I have. There is no reason why not. There is no reason why you can't continue. But like life, cricket is similar. There are lots of ups and downs and it's how you deal with those and bounce back," Trott said. (ANI)

No comments: